The Restless Gemini

Έν οίδα ότι ουδέν οίδα --- Hen oida hoti ouden oida

October 29, 2005

Terror in Delhi

Iam at a loss for words. Although Iam in Chennai now, I can imagine the magnitude of damage and the casualties that would have occurred at the site of bomb blasts in Paharganj, Sarojini Nagar and Govindpuri,Delhi. While Paharganj which has tourist accommodation for foreign tourists is in Central Delhi, close to the New Delhi Railway Station, Sarojini Nagar and Govindpuri are places in South Delhi. Particularly, I know Sarojini Nagar Market quite well. Its a good bargain shopping place frequented by Middle Class people. It would have been swarming with hordes of people before Diwali. Its the regular market which I visit for my shopping needs. I may well have been at that place, if I would have been in Delhi. Such a heinous crime, even if it stands for the highest principle on Earth, needs to be condemned. Killing of innocent people for one's motive can be termed nothing but cowardice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home